On Nov 5, 2014 6:12 PM, "Karen Coyle" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> That's not quite what I said. You can infer class of the subject from
properties, but cannot do the versa -- you cannot infer the class of a
property from the class of the subject. Therefore where:

> bf:workTitle has domain bf:Title
>
> and
>

> :X a bf:Work
>       bf:workTitle[  a bf:Title  ;
>             bf:titleValue"Heart of Midlothian"  ]  .
>
> You do not infer that bf:workTitle has a class of bf:Work from :X. Note
that this is a common confusion for folks coming from XML or OO, where
class is inherited to properties.

I am not trying to be offensive; I really don't  understand what you mean
by "class is inherited to properties" ;  could you possibly give an example
in some object oriented language?

Simon