I don't think we should be creating 2 sets of data either, I just want to
make sure we all have what we need that goes into the machine-friendly part,
and there seems to be a variety of human needs this data needs to service.

Cindy

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 2:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] 7XX fields without relator terms

Cindy, you are correct. The difference is that I can create a display from
machine-friendly data that can be read by humans, but not vice-versa.* And
we don't want to be creating two sets of data: one for machines, and one for
humans - not only is that more work, but it tends to get out of sync.

kc
* And remember that everything a human sees on the screen has gone through
machine processing. The machine is always there, although we sometimes
succeed in making it invisible. That's why people notice their friends on
Facebook but are often unaware of the privacy-sucking machine behind it all.