There has been discussion of blank nodes earlier on the list, and perhaps
agreement that there should be as few of them as possible.  But we don't
have a model where they are eliminated entirely.

I have a question about blank nodes in regard to BIBFRAME as a carrier.

In RDF 1.1 Concepts and Abstract Syntax, section 3.4, we find:  "Blank node
identifiers . are always locally scoped to the file or RDF store, and are
not persistent or portable identifiers for blank nodes".  A function of
BIBFRAME, as a carrier, is to move linked data from one institution to
another, that is, from one RDF store to another.  Isn't it true, then, that
blank node identifiers, which are valid at Library A, are not defined when
they get to Library B?  This seems like a problem.

Is the use of blank nodes consistent with BIBFRAME's function as a carrier?