Shouldn't we be creating data for both humans and machines?

Cindy Wolff

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 3:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] 7XX fields without relator terms

It's important for ALL creative works. That's why it's too bad that the data
only separates between "main entry" and "other" without further distinction.
But without some role coding, all you can know, from a machine
interpretation point of view, is "main/other." Oh, and most of the time we
don't even know the role of the main entry, because "main entry" isn't a
creative role.

Take this as a lesson of the difference between creating data for humans,
and creating data for machines. We're still doing the former. Should we
continue to do so?

kc