From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2014 10:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] [Topic] Types

On 11/5/14 3:10 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:
If the graph union includes the ontology, and the sparql query includes  "?S ?P :Work" , you will get bf:workTitle rdfs:domain :Work  .

I was speaking of the case in which bf:workTitle rdfs:domain bf:Title.

I always need to work these things out looking at actual triples, and thanks to insomnia, this is what I came up with last night:

<X> rdf:type bf:Work .
<X> bf:workTitle _:aa .
_:aa rdf:type bf:Title .
_:aa bf:titleValue "Here's my title" .

So SPARQL query something like:

SELECT ?s ?p ?o
Where {
   ?s a bf:Work }

Would you not get:

<X> rdf:type bf:Work .
<X> bf:workTitle _:aa .

If the bf:workTitle were of type bf:Work instead of bf:Title, you would get:

<X> rdf:type bf:Work .
<X> bf:workTitle _:aa .
_:aa rdf:type bf:Work .
_:aa bf:titleValue "Here's my title" .

Does that clear it up?

And I wish to gawd that there was some easier to use software that you could throw these kinds of tests to. I might be able to create a file to test it out in Protege but it's a big pain. However, having such a test environment would make it easy to try things out and see the consequences.

kd

--

Karen Coyle

[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> http://kcoyle.net