Please reply to [log in to unmask]

At http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/rra.2708/abstract we have the abstract for a paper published in an academic journal. We can (but need not) infer from the author information provided that this paper was created by three U.S. government employees in the course of their duties. This is not certain from the information provided, but let's assume it for this discussion.
(1) Other than its presentation by the publisher, is this paper in the public domain?
(2) Is the authors' agency or are the authors themselves obligated to make it available to the public under FOIA or any other requirement?
(3) Is the copyright claimed by the publisher valid as to the substance of the paper?
Your thoughts?

Edward M "Ted" McClure, Librarian
Grand Canyon National Park Research Library
PO Box 129
Grand Canyon, AZ 86023-0129
(928) 638-7606