John,

But not if PCC adopts the provider-neutral approach to POD and photocopy
reproductions.  At the recent PoCo meeting, I raised the issue of
preservation photocopies and how just recording a 533 with Print
reproduction would not be adequate for preservation copies.  The Standing
Committee on Standards will be addressing this issue.  For now, we are
following the draft guidelines for PS 1.11, but instead of

533 Print reproduction

we will use in our original records

533 Preservation photocopy. $b Place : $c Publisher, $d, Date. $5 WaU

If there is already copy for a photocopy, we will upgrade it to PCC draft
policy and there will be two 533s:

533  Print reproduction.
533  Preservation photocopy. $b Place : $c Publisher, $d Date. $5 WaU

We'll wait to see what revisions the SCS makes to the draft of PS 1.11 and
revise our policies accordingly.

Adam

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014, John Gordon Marr wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 19:37:33 +0000
> From: John Gordon Marr <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Bound-withs in RDA
>
> But Adam, that's why "preservation facsimiles" (etc.) are candidates for their own separate OCLC records.
>

> John G. Marr
> DACS
> Zimmerman Library
> University of New Mexico
> Albuquerque, NM 87010
>
>         **"I really like to know the reasons for what I do!"**
>                                             Martha Watson
>
> Opinions belong exclusively to the individuals expressing them, but sharing is permitted.