Hi Ryan,

Seven years is a long time and things have changed and people have moved on—

I did suggest to Mary Jane Cuneo this summer that a 667 field is a good way to indicate that a NACO authority record is being reported for deletion. Other PCC members are already doing it, too. So if it is working now, there is no reason to change anything.

I have already brought this up with colleagues in the Policy and Standards Division here at  LC and we are going to discuss this in more depth—considering any other ways that might be used to indicate a delete notification in a NACO record—but in the meantime, it is fine to use the 667 field to indicate that a NACO record is being reported to [log in to unmask] for deletion.

Paul

Paul Frank

Acting Coordinator, NACO and SACO Programs

Cooperative Programs Section

Cooperative and Instructional Programs Division

Library of Congress

101 Independence Ave., SE

Washington, DC 20540-4230

202-707-1570