German heading ending in an abbreviated ordinal number:

Germany. Heer. Armee, 12. (n 84093187)
Germany. Heer. Armee, 15. (n 96023236)
etc.

But there are also instances where the number is treated as cardinal:

Germany. Heer. Armee, 10  (nr 92036574)
Germany. Heer. Armee, 16  (no2003129117)
etc.

So we won't solve this by looking at examples.

Stephen

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Ehlert, Mark K. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frank, Paul
>
> The PCC RDA Authorities Phase 3 Task Group has submitted an interim report on it activities to the PoCo.
> The report and accompanying documents written by Gary Strawn, Chair of the TG are available at:
http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/rda/RDA%20Task%20groups%20and%20charges/RDA%20phase%203.%20Report.%20201408.docx

From the report "RDA phase 3: Replace obsolete indicators, and adjust terminal punctuation", the last line reads: "Remove a terminal full stop from the 1XX field if it is preceded by a numeral."  Are there any German-language headings that end with an ordinal number?

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas

Verona," Act I, Scene iii

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota