I'm surprised that lacquers as the source for the Lp have not been
considered. It would be consistent with the late forties and would account
for low noise and wide range heard on the Lp. As to copyright dates on the
label, record companies put copyright dates and patent numbers on their
labels from the turn of the century but not as the date of issue.

DDR

--
1006 Langer Way
Delray Beach, FL 33483