On 12/17/2014 1:29 PM, John Gledhill wrote:
> Can someone suggest a 1970's album I can pick up on CD that has
> extremely well engineered stereo imaging while listening through a pair
> of speakers?
>

> Same question for headphones?

Not quite '70s, but late '60s and well worth finding:

Jethro Tull: Benefit (Warner Bros., I think, or Reprise) - good on both
speakers and headphones

Fairport Convention: Angel Delight (A & M) - probably best on speakers

Disclaimer: I've only listened to the LPs, not the CDs, so I have no
idea whether the CD transfers were well done.

Also late 1960s:

The Band: The Band (Capitol) - good on speakers or headphones

In that case I can testify that the CD transfer is excellent.

Peace,
Paul