I have only seen bf:event used with works that are a recording of an event, e.g. http://bibframe.org/resources/wrR1418061863/bibframe.rdf. I'm hoping this is only because of how we have historically cataloged materials in MARC, but going forward we can use these even resources in new ways.

So... Given how loosely defined bf:event currently is (http://bibframe.org/vocab-list/#event), it seems permissible to make similar assertions with works that are related to the event, but are not recordings of the event. For example... a program for the event.

Am I understanding the model correctly?

Thanks,
Steven

--
Steven Folsom
Discovery Metadata Librarian. Cornell University Library