Intuitive and actually time saving interfaces are definitely needed to
create good linked data.

The most basic level would be type-ahead support against the labels of
resources known to the system, but beyond that you would still need a way
to determine which of the many "Ken Smith"s to use, if any.  Some smarts
are needed to, for example, check that the dates are possible, that the
domain is similar, and so forth to rank them appropriately.  Then it would
need to present the known information about the people to the cataloguer so
they can select one, or create a new entry.

So needless to say, a lot of research, design and development work needs to
take place before there will be any time savings gained by using linked
data as a replacement for existing such systems.

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Information Standards Advocate