Please join us for a forum on the latest developments and experiments
with Bibframe. If you tweet, help us spread the word:

CaMMS Forum on Bibframe: Notes From the Field

Sunday, Feb. 1, 1-2:30 pm
McCormick Place West, W183c
Twitter: #alctscammsfm15mw
ALA Scheduler link: http://alamw15.ala.org/node/25661

We've all been hearing for several years about BIBFRAME, its purposes,
its development and its promise. We know it will change our lives! Many
of us are eager to learn by doing, itching to get our hands dirty but
unsure where to start. Come to the CaMMS Forum to review what we know
and what we don't know, plus hear from two libraries already
experimenting with BIBFRAME. The presentations will be followed by a
question period.

Speakers:

Angela Kroeger (Archives and Special Collections Associate, University
of Nebraska at Omaha) will give an overview of the current status of
BIBFRAME development, including a brief introduction to what BIBFRAME is
and what it does, which tools are available or under development, a
glimpse what fully-implemented linked data looks like, a closer look at
the four core classes of the BIBFRAME model, and a dab of philosophy.

Nancy Lorimer (Interim Head of the Metadata Department, Stanford
University) will report on the BIBFRAME-related work of Stanford
metadata and library technology staff, introducing their plans for
experimentation in the coming year. She will also discuss training
catalogers in linked data concepts and technologies as well as the
importance of involving a variety of staff in moving toward linked data
experimentation and implementation.

Jackie Shieh (Resource Description Coordinator, George Washington
University Libraries) will focus on the current state of her library's
two years of exploring the transition from MARC to BIBFRAME. She will
share what has become routine and what still remains challenging.

--
Scott Carlson
Metadata Coordinator