Thanks, Ray. Another question (sorry, they keep coming to mind):

You've given an identifier to the Instance - let's say its a book -
http://...instance18. Harvard has this same book, and they either create
or copy (from LC or OCLC, etc.) the instance record, adding it to their
own database, with, of course, minor modifications.

Is there an identifier for the instance that is common to those
databases? Is there an identifier for the instance graph (record) that
is common to them?

kc

--
Karen Coyle