On 1/30/15 6:01 PM, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:
> What if it was two different vocabularies, rather than two different levels of abstraction?
>
> There is only one reality. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. :-)
I'm afraid that I see that as a philosophical over-simplification. The
world of the mind can be sliced and diced in incompatible ways, even if
the laws of gravity cannot. One only has to look at how different folks
have interpreted the concept of the "work" to see that meshing two
different vocabularies -- or two different levels of abstraction -- can
run into problems.

What I see us struggling with today is trying to shoe-horn data designed
for an entirely different technical model (card catalogs) into RDF, but
without making significant changes to the data itself or the rules we
use to create that data. That way madness lies.

kc