On Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:24 PM, J. McRee Elrod wrote:

> Lars said:
>
> > >I think that an authority file with publishers would be an
> >excellent asset (it's just a specific case of corporate bodies...).
>
> In descriptive cataloguing it is important to have in the record (or
> whatever we are calling a Bibframe description) the form of the
> publisher's name which is in the item, not a standardized form.

Yes. I guess we ideally should provide both: the form as provided in the item (otherwise we cannot compare and figure out if two items are examplifications of the same manifestation) and then a URI pointing to an publisher authority file (and yes, I understand now that publishers and labels are not necessarily the same)...

> It would be nice to be able to hover over the imprint with a cursor,
> and see the standard form, but not to have a standard form replace
> what is on the item via a URI,

Right, so we need both.

Best,

Lars