Simon,

If your trivial synthesis of identifiers maps to RDF mechanically, then yes, please repost.

Jeff

On Jan 31, 2015, at 10:21 PM, Simon Spero <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Jeff-

The scheme name is uri.

http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/identifiers/uri.html

$0 is "repeatable for different control numbers or identifiers."

http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdcntf.html

I have been arguing for an agreed convention for synthesizing identifiers for subdivided headings for years. It's trivial; if anyone interested I can repost a couple of ways of synthesizing canonical ids.

[Of course I'm not sure if subdivided headings are actually meaningful (Karen Markey's study is the only one I was able to find, but I had serious question marks about the methodology, and there is no other data available).]

Simon