Hi Karen,

I'm less concerned about exact definitions and more about the last case of HeldItem as a subClass of Annotation.  Regardless of the exact definition, I suggest that it is impossible for the same resource to be both a real world physical object and a digital annotation at the same time.

To me, the fuzzy line of annotation / not annotation for "comment about X" and "table of contents of X" is much less important than the fundamental inventory recording capabilities of the ontology.

Rob