I’m not sure this is what you are asking about but at the University of Otago in New Zealand we have used Islandora http://islandora.ca/

to create a digital archive of digitised archives, as well as transcripts of the documents and make the text of the transcripts searchable. It isn’t fully set up to replicate the arrangement of the original documents but it does group the images of individual pages and associated transcripts together.

To be honest I have only the slightest understanding of how this happens as my part in the project was not about the system development.

But I know that it was the features of Islandora that allowed us to link the documents.

https://marsdenarchive.otago.ac.nz/

This page gives a summary of the technical information about the site that might be useful.

https://marsdenarchive.otago.ac.nz/technical

ANNA BLACKMAN

CURATOR OF ARCHIVES AND MANUSCRIPTS

Te Uare Taoka o Hākena - The Hocken Collections

Tel: +64 3 479 8867 | Fax: +64 3 479 5079 | Email: anna.blackman@otago.ac.nz

Te Whare Wānanga o Otāgo - University of Otago

90 ANZAC AVENUE | PO BOX 56 | DUNEDIN 9054 | NEW ZEALAND

http://www.otago.ac.nz/library/hocken/