Hello all,

This is a follow-up to an earlier email below regarding dedicating a
Literary Landmark related to a children's book during Children's Book Week
(May 4).

I am happy to say that we have some states on board:

New York - George Bruce Branch NYPL - Walter Dean Myers

Oklahoma - Norman Library - Harold Keith

Ohio - TBA- Robert McCloskey

Rhode Island - TBA - Margaret Wise Brown

Tentaive;

Connecticut - Greenacres - Lois Lensky

Indiana - Gene Stanton-Porter Historic Site - Gene Stanton Porter

Utah - Logan Public Library - Mary Swenson

There is still time for you state to participate; however, we have a March
1 Deadline.

Rocco Staino

Chair

CBC/ALA Committee

*Previous Email*

As chair of the ALA/CBC committee I am working with United for Libraries
and the Children's Book Council on an initiative for Children's Book Week.
It is our hope that during Children's Book Week in 2015 that with your help
United for Libraries can dedicate throughout the country at least
7 Literary Landmarks that are connected with a children's book or author.

It would be great if you or your state organization would take the lead in
nominating a possible Literary Landmark in your State.  You may also want
to work with your state's Center for the Book.

Here are some helpful links that give you more information
on Literary Landmarks.

http://www.ala.org/united/products_services/literarylandmarks

Only 33 States have Literary Landmarks.  Check to see if you state has at
least one. If it doesn't this is a great time to get one.

http://www.ala.org/united/products_services/literarylandmarks/landmarksbystate/landmarksbystate

I have worked in having several sites designated as Literary Landmarks.
Most recently we dedicated The Walt Whitman Birthplace
a Literary Landmark.  At the event we had a Congressman, State Senators and
members of the NYS Assembly including the chair of the Library Committee.
I am happy to say that the Landmark was cosponsored by Suffolk County
Library Association, Suffolk School Library Media Association and the
Lambda Literary Foundation.

Attached is a photo of the Librarians in attendance.

Feel free to contact me of Sally Gardner Reed or Jillian Kalonick (cc'd in
this email)  if you have any questions.

Best,

Rocco Staino

Chair