The iPRES 2014 Programme Committee are very pleased to announce the availability of the set of files used during the Systems Showcase event in Melbourne last year

Some facts:

-          There are 2,216 files, amounting to around 5Gb.

-          We have not run DROID or any other format identification tool across the set.

-          We do not state that this set represents anything other than a collected set of files that we thought would help the system vendors demonstrate how their system undertakes preservation.

We are indebted to National Library of Australia, Gates Archive, National Library of New Zealand, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, State Library of Queensland and Austrian Institute of Technology for supplying the files (and in the case of NLA especially, generating some weird formats for the occasion).

There are no plans to actively support this set.

Get the files here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1heqamlfn98ve7l/AAAZ_4xg75wOts72PRG0_E_0a?dl=0

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any thoughts/questions.

Pete

Peter McKinney | Digital Preservation Policy Analyst | Information and Knowledge Services
National Library of New Zealand Te Puna M
tauranga o Aotearoa
Direct Dial: +64 4 462 3931 | Extn: 3931
Cnr Molesworth and Aitken Streets | PO Box 1467, Wellington 6140 |

http://digitalpreservation.natlib.govt.nz/

The National Library is part of the Department of Internal Affairs