*Apologies for cross-posting*
Journal of Library Metadata Special Issue:
Controlled Vocabularies and the Semantic Web
Call for Papers
Ranging from large national libraries to small and medium-sized institutions, many cultural heritage organizations, including libraries, archives, and museums, have been working with controlled vocabularies in linked data and semantic web contexts. Such work has included transforming existing vocabularies, thesauri, subject heading schemes, authority files, term and code lists into SKOS and other machine-consumable linked data formats.
This special issue of the Journal of Library Metadata welcomes articles from a wide variety of types and sizes of organizations on a wide range of topics related to controlled vocabularies, ontologies, and models for linked data and semantic web deployment, whether theoretical, experimental, or actual.
Topics include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Converting existing vocabularies into SKOS and/or other linked data formats.
- Publishing local vocabularies as linked data in online repositories such as the Open Metadata Registry.
- Development or use of special tools, platforms and interfaces that facilitate the creation and deployment of vocabularies as linked data.
- Working with Linked Data / Semantic Web W3C standards such as RDF, RDFS, SKOS, and OWL.
- Work with the BIBFRAME, Europeana, DPLA, CIDOC-CRM, or other linked data / semantic web models, frameworks, and ontologies.
- Challenges in transforming existing vocabularies and models into linked data and semantic web vocabularies and models.
Click here for a complete list of possible topics:
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit a proposal (approximately 500 words) including a problem statement, problem significance, objectives, methodology, and conclusions (or tentative conclusions for work in progress). Proposals must be received by March 1, 2015. Full manuscripts (4000-7000 words) are expected to be submitted by June 1, 2015. All submitted manuscripts will be reviewed on a double-blind review basis. Please forward inquiries and proposal submissions electronically to the guest editors at [log in to unmask]
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Forward to a friend < http://tandf.msgfocus.com/f/19TTtvl5DVI >
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee