In 2013 and 2014, the Library of Congress worked with federal libraries to analyze bibliographic records in their catalogs and to identify overlap among their bibliographic records.
We are currently planning the 2015 Federal Library Bibliographic Record Analysis.   Last year we partnered with 30 libraries that provided almost 26 million bibliographic records.  This year, we are expanding the effort (see current list of 2015 partners below). Your participation in this effort would be highly desirable.
Participation in this project will result in no direct cost to your organization.  You will need to commit a small amount of time and effort to provide bibliographic records, answer occasional questions, and participate in infrequent conference calls.  In return, we will provide you with reports that provide summary information about your bibliographic records and that show the extent to which your bibliographic records overlap with other participants in the project.
You can see the full 2014 Federal Library Bibliographic Record Analysis report at http://www.loc.gov/ead/flbra/full_report/flbraReport_2014.pdf.  We plan to expand the report to include more topical analysis and, hopefully, new features in the coming year.
Please let us know if you have bibliographic records to share and are willing to participate.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.  We will be sending and responding to messages from this email address ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).
Thank you,
John Barton and Steve Short
Library of Congress