Revised copy of announcement below.

In 2013 and 2014, the Library of Congress worked with federal libraries to analyze bibliographic records in their catalogs and to identify overlap among their bibliographic records.

We are currently planning the 2015 Federal Library Bibliographic Record Analysis.   Last year we partnered with 30 libraries that provided almost 26 million bibliographic records.  This year, we are expanding the effort (see current list of 2015 partners below). Your participation in this effort would be highly desirable.

Participation in this project will result in no direct cost to your organization.  You will need to commit a small amount of time and effort to provide bibliographic records, answer occasional questions, and participate in infrequent conference calls.  In return, we will provide you with reports that provide summary information about your bibliographic records and that show the extent to which your bibliographic records overlap with other participants in the project.

You can see the full 2014 Federal Library Bibliographic Record Analysis report at http://www.loc.gov/ead/flbra/full_report/flbraReport_2014.pdf.  We plan to expand the report to include more topical analysis and, hopefully, new features in the coming year.

Please let us know if you have bibliographic records to share and are willing to participate.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.  We will be sending and responding to messages from this email address ([log in to unmask]).

Thank you,

John Barton and Steve Short

Library of Congress

Current List of 2015 Partners

Federal Library Bibliographic Record Analysis

Institution/Library

Institution/Library

Air University

Redstone Arsenal

Dudley Knox Library, Naval Postgraduate School

U.S. Department of Justice

Library of Congress

Drug Enforcement Administration

Marine Corps University

Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences

National Agricultural Library

United States Coast Guard Academy

National Cancer Institute at Frederick

United States Military Academy

National Defense University

U.S. Army Command & General Staff College

USDA Forest Service

Smithsonian Institution

Food and Drug Administration

U. S. Air Force Academy

Pentagon Library

U.S. Department of Transportation

Government Printing Office

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

U.S. Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory

Army War College

U.S. Geological Survey

U.S. Fire Administration Library

U.S. Naval War College

FBI Academy Library in Quantico.

National Science Foundation

U.S. Naval Observatory

National Gallery of Art

Navy Department Library

University of Alabama -Federal Depository Library

Department of the Interior

Commerce Research Library

U.S. Census Bureau

U.S. Naval Academy