Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Tuesday, February 24th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "ProQuest’s Legislative Insight Part B (1789-1960): Introduction and New Features" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

ProQuest’s Legislative Insight is a Federal legislative history service that makes available thoroughly researched compilations of digital full text publications created by Congress during the process leading up to the enactment of U.S. Public Laws. This collection is comprised of fully searchable PDFs of full-text copies of the Public Law itself, all versions of related bills, law-specific Congressional Record excerpts, committee hearings, reports, and prints. Also included are Presidential signing statements and miscellaneous congressional publications that provide background material to aid in the understanding of issues related to the making of the law. The DOI Library provides Interior Department staff with access to Part B of the Legislative Insight collection, which focuses on laws passed prior to 1929 but also includes additional laws from 1929-1960 not included in Part A of the collection. A ProQuest trainer will introduce class attendees to the contents of this collection and how to effectively and efficiently search for materials required for legislative history research.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the new DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Also note that this class is also being offered to remote users as a simultaneous online webinar.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at library@ios.doi.gov for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on February 24th!

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796