It is with great sorrow that I share that our dear friend, Barbara Klassen passed away Sunday evening.

Barb worked in the Bureau of Land Management Library for the last 35 years as an expert cataloger.  For a period in 2011 Barb was the only librarian in the whole BLM and she stood up to the challenge with good-natured determination.  She loved her work and the BLM and had plans to volunteer after retirement.  She will be greatly missed by family, friends, coworkers, staff, and library patrons.

A memorial service is planned by her family for Summer 2015.

Deborah Harnke

Librarian (Reference)

Bureau of Land Management Library

National Operations Center/OC-521