I'd agree with text too.

You could also capture the image properties in the <physicalDescription> element.

<physicalDescription>
<form authority="marcform">electronic</form>
<reformattingQuality>access</reformattingQuality>
<internetMediaType>image/tiff</internetMediaType>
<extent>1 p.</extent>
<digitalOrigin>reformatted digital</digitalOrigin>
</physicalDescription>

Best,
Donald

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Donald Moses, MLIS
Digital Initiatives and Systems Librarian
Robertson Library
University of Prince Edward Island
550 University Ave, Charlottetown PE  C1A 4P3
Canada
tel: 902-566-0479 || fax: 902-628-4305

>>> On 2/4/2015 at 10:25 PM, in message <[log in to unmask]>, Rhonda Marker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yes, we would choose "text".

Rhonda