Given the  current scope note for 150 Large type books, it would also be
correct to assign "650 0 Large type books" to an instance of such books.
Coding 008/23=d (Form of item=large print) could also be useful in some
systems and less ambiguous than using the 650.

My understanding has been that LC practice is to add a subfield to a
heading like this when it's used for the topic, e.g., 650 0 Large type
books $v Bibliography, which provides a measure of disambiguation regarding
which sense of the term is being used.

LC's bib catalog includes 1377 instances of the unqualified heading (the
first 150 of which all appear to be instances), so they do include large
type books in their collection.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist