This is the situation where I don't think we need two 368s.  Only the controlled term is PCC policy to have and as Richard says, there's no value from a linked data perspective to having the uncontrolled form of the term.

Adam Schiff

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Ehlert, Mark K. wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 16:04:01 +0000
> From: "Ehlert, Mark K." <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Best practices in updating authority records
>
> From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Moore, Richard
>
> Ióm not sure what the function of uncontrolled terms in these fields would be.
>

> In the work I do, to ascribe meaning to a term in the 1xx.
>
> 110 2- Iron Boy (Musical group)
> 368 -- Musical groups $2 lcsh
> 368 -- Musical group
>
> The "Musical group" in the 110 matches the 368 "Musical group."  The 368 is an RDA other attribute of a corporate body.  Therefore, the parenthetical in the 110 is an RDA other attribute of the body.  Backwards thinking, but it's one way of getting some kind of semantic substance out of a qualifier, especially one that isn't separately subfield-ed.
>

> --
> Mark K. Ehlert                 O'Shaughnessy-Frey Library
> Cataloging and Metadata        University of St. Thomas
>  Librarian                    2115 Summit Avenue
> Phone: 651-962-5488            St. Paul, MN 55105
> <http://www.stthomas.edu/libraries/>
>
>  "Experience is by industry achieved // And perfected by
> the swift course of time"--Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen of
> Verona," Act I, Scene iii

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger
University of Washington Libraries