I use controlled vocabularies in 37X fields whenever available. However,
for 373 in particular I often have corporate names that have not been
established, and I don't have the time to establish them, especially if
they don't relate directly to the item I'm cataloging, but only to the
author I'm trying to establish. In these cases I wouldn't object to them
being replaced with authorized forms once they exist. I do try to formulate
them as they would be if I was creating a NAR.

This most frequently comes up when establishing a personal name. If they
are contemporary, I often can find out where they got their degrees, and
it's hit or miss whether the university name has a NAR, particularly on
non-English titles.

--
Christine DeZelar-Tiedman
Manager, Archives and Special Collections Metadata Unit