On 21/03/2015, Lou Judson wrote:

> An archive that I am working on the audio tapes for also has a number
> of old photos and negatives to preserve. I d like some recommendations
> for SF Bay Area (preferred) people who can do this. Also some VHS
> videotapes

Bear in mind that film, if reasonably well looked after, is easier to
preserve than digital data.

It may be worth while to invest in some good quality negative files and
folders for prints.

Digitising film images without losing detail is fairly difficult. Nikon
used to make good scanners, but these have been off the market for
several years. Cameras with a high enough sample rate are just beginning
to appear.

Regards
--
Don Cox