Hi, Stewart.  I'm not buying that heavy metal rap music requires less
fidelity.  There is probably more actual high frequent content in such
music (a lot of it is electronic) than in a classical recording.  As long
as recording studios are not recording to i-tune format (thank God we
haven't sunk to that level already), and recordings are issued in non-lossy
formats, they should be reviewed in the best format in which they are
issued, because that's how you can hear what they really sound like.

All this dumbing down is a terrible thing.  And shameful for a so-called
music critic.  I would agree with you if I-tunes is the only format in
which something is released.

Somebod,y somewhere really has to have some kind of standards about all
this.  If a so-called, "self-identified" music critic admittedly has none,
he/she really ought to be doing something else for a living.

Best, John