You can also buy styluses in various sizes from Nauck, here:

https://www117.safesecureweb.com/78rpm/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=39a49a1bd245242e82a072ec55d8b371&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NRC&Product_Code=112-113&Category_Code=112

and see the good advice toward the bottom of that page.  Most people I know
use a Stanton 500 cartridge to play 78's (as I do).

Best,
John H. Haley