As John says, one's ears are the only reliable guide. 500Hz/-16dB was
commonly used, as was 500/-10 or RIAA. However, 400/-12, 400/-16 and
800/-10 were occasionally used. This is why accurate turnover and rolloff
controls are essential on any "archival" preamplifier.

DDR

--
1006 Langer Way
Delray Beach, FL 33483