I've seen both extremes here in the Chicago area.  One library tosses
booklets from box sets (blasphemers!), while several do a great job of
keeping it all intact.  In fact, I just discovered one has the first
Paramount Revenant set!  It was on hold, so I took the Charley Patton
Revenant set instead.  Chicago Public tries to circulate everything, but I
suspect they have a few cretins behind the circ desk who don't pay
attention and couldn't care less.  It's hard to manage a situation like
that when you have dozens of branches and skill levels.