Ha!  That's a good one!  Sounds like marketing speak!

The base it pretty thick, but then again so is the oxide.  It can be pretty
severe even on mag, though I think I've heard worse from tape.  These mags
also sit on the shelf often untouched for many decades, and often in
non-ideal storage conditions.

Ellis