Speaking of which, what was "the shot heard 'round the world"?

Don Chichester

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/how-krakatoa-made-the-biggest-bang-476616.html
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1883_eruption_of_Krakatoa
>
> *"The  force of the eruption created the loudest noise ever recorded: it
was
>  heard 4,653km away on Rodriguez Island in the Indian Ocean and some
4,800km
> away in Alice Springs; shock waves travelled around the world  seven
times;
> and the force of the blast was some 10,000 times greater  than that of the
> hydrogen bomb dropped on Hiroshima."*
>
>  But I don't think it was *RECORDED* in 1883.

And the reporter at  Independent News needs to check his/her history a
little bit -- it wasn't  a hydrogen bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima.
The first hydrogen bomb was  detonated seven years later, at Eniwetok
Atoll, and it was about 1,000  times the power of the Hiroshima bomb.

Okay, that's a real nitpick.  But, at the same time, it isn't -- *facts
matter*.

Peace,
Paul