Hi folks:

I've been asked by a blind friend, folklorist Marge Steiner, to
recommend a portable digital recorder with good quality sound (.wav
files -- we're not talking .mp3s here) that's easily operable by a blind
person. She'll be using it for field recordings and live concert
recordings of programs held by a folklore society. She's been using a
Sony portable DAT machine, but it just went belly-up and no parts are
available. I've informally suggested that she avoid Zoom recorders and
that perhaps a Tascam would be more appropriate, but beyond that I don't
really know. I don't think her budget would stretch to Audio Devices.
Any suggestions?

Peace,
Paul

---