-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Stamler
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 1:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Recorder for blind user?

Hi folks:

I've been asked by a blind friend, folklorist Marge Steiner, to recommend a
portable digital recorder with good quality sound (.wav files -- we're not
talking .mp3s here) that's easily operable by a blind person. She'll be
using it for field recordings and live concert recordings of programs held
by a folklore society. She's been using a Sony portable DAT machine, but it
just went belly-up and no parts are available. I've informally suggested
that she avoid Zoom recorders and that perhaps a Tascam would be more
appropriate, but beyond that I don't really know. I don't think her budget
would stretch to Audio Devices.
Any suggestions?

Peace,
Paul