Hi, Tom, Marie,

We talk a bit about focus stacking on the Nikon list I'm on. I've never
done it, but Photoshop has made panorama making easy. I suspect the
"merge" function does the same for focus stacking.

For doing this type of work, Marie, I would suggest the use of a macro
lens. I don't know what to suggest these days, but I still love my AF
Nikon 60 mm f/2.8 AF lens.

Of course, Lightroom and other software will do geometric corrections.

Cheers,

Richard