From: Ellis Burman
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape dubbing backwards?

That is the right hand rule.  Your thumb points in the direction of the
current, and your fingers curl in the direction of the magnetic field
around the wire.

True, if a magnet is moving towards a pickup, it'll produce voltage
opposite that of when it is moving away from it.  But I see it like Jamie
does - N is N, + is +.  I guess I'll have to try it and prove it to myself.

Kinda reminds me of the reason I've heard was to why people store tape
tails out - so that the print through is a post echo instead of a
pre-echo.  I never understood that one either.  It's the same distance from
oxide layer to oxide layer, so why would it matter?  Why would the magnetic
field have a "preference" in any direction?

Ellis

--
Ellis
818-846-5525