Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - ARSCLIST Archives

On 3/12/2015 10:21, Tom Fine wrote:
> http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150311/us--blurred_lines-song_dispute-d6fcfcecbd.html
>

> I predict this verdict will stand, and once and for all so-called "pop
> musicians" will need to stop ripping off and recycling old music and old
> ideas and come up with something new and original. Hey kids, it was done
> once. It's possible to do. Marvin Gaye did it, in fact!
>
> -- Tom Fine

I think not, truthfully. This is as old as music publishing itself and
will probably continue. Two cases that come to my immediate mind are
George Harrison (My Sweet Lord/He's So Fine) and John Lennon (Come
Together/You Can't Catch Me). Lennon recorded at least one Chuck Berry
song on his "Rock and Roll" album as part of his settlement.

I don't think Lennon was ever sued for blatantly incorporating "I'd
rather see you dead, little girl, than to be with another man" from
Arthur Crudup's "Baby, Let's Play House" in his and McCartney's "Run For
Your Life", though.

Michael Shoshani
Chicago