From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Patrick J Midtlyng
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 12:14 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Best Practice for describing Test Pressings and Radio Transcriptions

Hi all,

Apologies for redundancies, I just wanted to get the most eyes on this question.

I've been looking at various archives and libraries to get a sense to how people are describing test pressings (and radio broadcast transcriptions). We currently have some in our Finding Aids, but as we look to start describing some other collections I wanted to poll the crowd. How do you describe these things: MARC and AARC2/RDA or EAD in finding aids? How was this decision made and what went into your choice to use one method over the other?

Patrick

Patrick J Midtlyng
Sound Archivist, Belfer Audio Archive
Special Collections Research Center