What Tom said? I'm with him.

Just this note: Many (or anyway some) 78s pressings in unplayed M or M+
condition ar‚Äče very un-noisy. Properly handled the surface noise is
constant and not unlike tape hiss.

Best of all are the fabulous Victor Z-scrolls made for radio stations and
libraries from the highest-grade compounds.

clark