----Ursprungligt meddelande----
Från: [log in to unmask]
Datum: 2015-03-13 02:23
Till: <[log in to unmask]>
Ärende: Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape tails out

That is the part I don't understand.  Why would it propagate outwards
more
easily than inwards?  It's the same distance either way.

We just restored "My Fair Lady" about a year ago from the original
master
6-track mag.  It did have print through throughout, though I think we
were
able to fix a lot of it.  I'll have to check out the section Michael
mentioned.

Ellis

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Michael Biel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Another factor is that print thru generally goes from the center of
the
> reel
> outwards  -- really through the plastic base to the bare oxide
touching
> the base.  If you store the tape heads out you will more likely get a
> pre-echo from the print thru.  Tails out storage gives you a post-
echo
> which is more natural and less noticeable.
>
> I remember when Showtime premiered the film of My Fair Lady, which
they
> took off an original print with magnetic sound.  In years of storage
it
> had loads of print thru, both pre and post.  Of course some of it
could
> be a few seconds away from the original sound if it was on the outer
> edge of a reel, but I have a feeling that "I've Grown Accustomed To
Her