On Mar 7, 2015 11:47 AM, "Karen Coyle" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Money is the elephant in the room, and lack thereof may be influenced by
computing and the internet, but libraries struggled mightily before that,
so it's best not to trot out that old excuse. I mean, go back and read the
records of the meetings at the British Museum around 1840 in which Panizzi
had to go through hoops to get funding to create anything other than the
cheapest, least helpful library catalog for the collection.

1848, and Politics was the Elephant in the room, and by Elephant , I mean
Fleas.

To the best of her knowledge, Allyson Carlyle and Thomas Carlyle are
unrelated.

Simon

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Coping+with+catalogues%3A+Thomas+Carlyle+in+the+British+Museum.-a019139596