On 06/03/2015 15.42, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> There is MARCXML, which can be used as a transitional format and
> transformed using XSLT into RDF/XML. Once in RDF, data can be
> transformed using SPARQL CONSTRUCT. That has been discussed before.
>
> I want to underline one point: it is the transition to RDF that
> matters, and not to BIBFRAME or any other specific vocabulary. You
> don't have to wait for some consolidated one-size-fits-all solution,
> you can use RDF and enjoy its advantages already now, and mix
> vocabularies as you see fit. It should be an agile development, not a
> waterfall model.
>
> So, what are the real problems? Libraries, just get the Linked Data
> out there!:)

Thanks for putting it so much better than I have managed to do.
Libraries could have been doing this for a long time now and learned a
lot from how everybody used/didn't use/transformed our data.

James Weinheimer [log in to unmask] First Thus
http://blog.jweinheimer.net First Thus Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/FirstThus Cooperative Cataloging Rules
http://sites.google.com/site/opencatalogingrules/ Cataloging Matters
Podcasts http://blog.jweinheimer.net/cataloging-matters-podcasts [delay