On http://www.jweinheimer.net/, you say this:

      Currently, most of my innovations are in the library catalog of the American University of Rome<http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-main.pl>. […] One of these records is Chelovek s kinoapparatom [videorecording] = Man with a movie camera / proizvodstvo VUFKU ; [directed by Dziga Vertov]<http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=20627>where the searcher can watch the movie from inside the catalog record.

The link you mention (http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?bib=20627) resolves to a 404.

I tried searching the string in Google, and the OPACs broken link was at the top of their search results too.

I was eventually able to find it here:

http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=13398

I do see this Connect to Resource<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2809965914189244913> link on the page so someone “inside the record” can click and watch the movie. (Unfortunately it 404s too.)

The interesting part is the "Save Record" section on the page, where a human can download variant forms of the data. For example:

http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-export.pl?format=dc&op=export&bib=13398&save=Go
http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-export.pl?format=utf8&op=export&bib=13398&save=Go
http://www.galileo.aur.it/cgi-bin/koha/opac-export.pl?format=mods&op=export&bib=13398&save=Go
etc.

Linked Data is similar to all this, but more machine friendly in these ways:

http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/
http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

Jeff