Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Tuesday, March 10th from 2:00 to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "The Gale Directory and Virtual Reference Libraries: Introduction and New Features" part of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

Gale Group, part of Cengage Learning, is known for publishing authoritative directories on companies, publishers, associations, and more. Gale also provides these resources to the Interior Department in a digital format via the Gale Directory Library. Additionally, Gale’s Virtual Reference Library is also providing DOI personnel with electronic, full-text access to authoritative reference titles on subjects such as American Indians, the environment, American history, law, and natural science. Attendees to this session will learn how to search a single directory or e-book, or the entire collection of each of these databases. The ability to cross-search, generate lists, analyze trends, and export citations from these online collections will also be examined. This class will be taught by a Gale Group trainer.

All that are interested are invited.  Please note that the new DOI Library is located in Room 2262 of the Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building. The Stewart Lee Udall Department of the Interior Building is located at 1849 C Street, NW in Washington, DC.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Also note that this class is also being offered to remote users as a simultaneous online webinar.  Please indicate on the online registration form if you wish to obtain information about webinar access to this program.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at library@ios.doi.gov for more information about this program or if you have trouble registering using the link above.  For more information about the DOI Library, its resources, and its services, please visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on March 10th!

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, Room 2262, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]doi.gov
Phone: (202) 208-3796